Tips on Selecting Beef:
- Choose lean or extra lean cuts of beef
- Lean meats have no more than 10% fat
- Extra Lean meats have no more than 7.5% fat
- When reading meat labels look for cuts of meat that have the words
- Flank steak
- Eye of the round
- Choose beef labelled “Choice” or “Select” because it has less fat than beef labelled “Prime”
Keep in mind:
- Meats labelled as prime usually have more fat, so save them for special events
- Stay away from cuts of meat that come from an animal’s stomach area (i.e. rib-eye steak, rib chops, spareribs) as they are loaded with saturated fats
- Choose meats with the smallest amount of marbling (marbling = fat)
For more information on this and other nutrition topics:
Success Coach and Nutritional Counseling Services
Did You Know You Can Have Everything You Want? Want to Know How?
Click here: Living at Ultimate Potentials!